Skip to main content

Frustrations of relearning to walk

Frustrations of relearning to walk


You know the problem with relearning to walk after 11 years bedridden with a broken spine? (spine is still broken, but nerves are starting to be usable again, so I’m regaining movement) It exhausts me to do anything.

Apparently (according to my doctor) limited mobility for over a decade, weakened my lungs, and so when I try to go outside and walk my dog, it puts so much exertion on my lungs, that it is hard to breath, which in turn causes me to not be able to walk more than 50 feet without my lungs clamping up from too much exertion. So, now I have yet another issue.

I need to get up each day to try to walk for a few minutes to get my legs working again, but it’s stressing my lungs to do so, so I now need to get my lung muscles stronger as well.

Worst part is, I can not walk my dog every day, because walking him just around the block once, shuts my lungs down for 3 to 4 days. I tried taking him to Clifford Park yesterday, and now today my lungs are hurting so bad I can not even sit up in bed. Very frustrating.

:(

Clifford Park, Maine, April 20, 2024, photo by Wendy Christine Allen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trade Caravan

The Trade Caravan Quaraun sat cross-legged on a thick silk rug, needle and thread in hand, his mechanical fingers clinking faintly as he embroidered. The jellyfish tendrils of his hair curled around him protectively, occasionally snapping in irritation. The soft pink silk stretched taut across the embroidery hoop bore a pattern of silver lilies, each stitch precise and flawless. His muttering broke the quiet, punctuated by the clink of BoomFuzzy’s cooking tools on the other side of the tent. "I despise Humans," Quaraun growled, tugging the thread tight. "Burning my lighthouse. Calling me a villain. A big boss!" His voice rose with each word. "I am a silk merchant! A mage! Not some—some dungeon monster!" Across the tent, BoomFuzzy stirred a cauldron of clam chowder, the savory scent wafting through the air. Loaves of freshly baked bread cooled on a nearby counter.  "Ya’re nae wrong, Love," BoomFuzzy said, his Scots accent lilting. "But gripin...

The Bandits and the Pink Necromancer

The Bandits and the Pink Necromancer The wind howled through the endless expanse of snow, carrying icy tendrils that snuck into every crack of the pink silk tent.  Quaraun sat cross-legged on a pink velvet cushion, his long, silver jellyfish tentacle hair draped in neat coils around him,  slithering protectively. His gold mechanical hands, glinting softly in the faint candlelight, meticulously embroidered a rose onto a scrap of pink silk.  The scent of gingerbread and clove wafted from the corner where BoomFuzzy stirred a pot of strange gingerbread stew. No one knew why gingerbread was in his stew, but he claimed it was the secret ingredient and Quaraun and GhoulSpawn had decided not to question the old Faerie’s logic. "Ye’re too quiet, Love," BoomFuzzy said, his grizzled voice cutting through the eerie stillness.  Quaraun grunted in reply.  BoomFuzzy turned, his steampunk goggles fogged from the heat of the fire. Being legally blind he could not see...

Update about FBI Investigation

Update about FBI Investigation I just added more info, because a local woman was just here in my driveway yelling about it and demanding more info be added. So, I added the answer to the question she was asking here: https://medium.com/@EelKat/fbi-investigation-old-orchard-beach-maine-96507884fcaf?sk=9e467eca532885aa1045d816df7cf324 EVERYTHING We Are Allowed To Publicly Release About The FBI Investigation Can Be Found HERE aka Full details of the events surrounding my son’s murder and my becoming crippled