Why is Ben having a fit about where I park my car?
I'm in a wheelchair, and trying to relearn how to walk, so, for the past2 years have been daily walking around the block pushing my wheelchair, using it like a rollator/walker.
At the start of doing so, I was parking my car at the end of the driveway (beside the dumpster, behind the wheelchair ramp) because it was only 75 feet from the wheelchair ramp.
However, in November 2025, a huge rainstorm washed out the lawn/caused a mudslide that collapsed the entire hill behind the dumpster, before the wheelchair ramp, and the land lord never fixed, likely never will.
Meaning, now, I have to go around the side of the building, 20 feet, to get to the other driveway, 75 more feet, then go down Main St, 140 more feet, turn to the side street and go 800 more feet, to now get to West Cutts street, another 55 feet, to FINALLY reach my car… that is sitting only 20 feet from the door, because of the mud slide that has been there over a year, I can't reach it, and literally have to go over a thousand feet to reach my car.
Last week, a space on the corner of Main Street opened up, and I moved my car to it, meaning I now only had to go 300 feet to reach my car.
Tonight… the space at the driveway itself, opened up. 45 feet from the wheelchair ramp…
…however, there was a car parked behind me…
…there is a wheelchair lift on the back of my car. The car swings open 2 feet, the wheelchair itself is 4 feet wide… meaning, I need a four foot wide clearance, to get my wheelchair behind my car and onto the wheelchair carrier.
There was four inches (yes, I measured, a carry a measuring tape with me, so that when I park, I can measure to make sure I can get my wheelchair in and out of the wheelchair carrier.) between the front bumper of the car behind me and the gate of the wheelchair lift.
The back bumper of my car was in line with the "no parking from here to corner" sign, meaning there was NO parking space behind me… meaning the car behind me, was not in a parking space.
I moved my car ahead four feet so I could put the wheelchair in the wheelchair carrier…
…here's where things went nutty…
…I get out of my car, use my cane to get back to my wheelchair on the sidewalk, start to get off the curb to put my wheelchair on the lift to put it in the wheelchair carrier and the can behind me, drives ahead… and now HITS the wheelchair carrier, the guy gets out, then then stumbles across the street and goes into the yellow house on the corner.
Ben comes over a few minutes later.
I ask Ben, to hold my wheelchair, while I get in my car, so I can pull out into he road, to load my wheelchair there.
…Note… I can not walk with a cane, for more then 14 feet…
…I take out my keys, suddenly Ben grabs my keys and runs off screaming that I'm not allowed to move my car.
"Serves you right for parking there, you should be parked down by the stop sign where you belong!" he yells as he runs down the road waving my car keys around.
What the fu just happened?
An 80 year old man just ran off with my car keys while screaming I was not allowed, I a quadriplegic to park my wheelchair caring car closer to the building!
He's mad because he WANTS my car back on West Cutts Street, nearly two thousand feet away, where I really have a hard time getting to it.
I finally get my keys back from him, and again I ask him: "Just stand here and hold my wheelchair so no one steals it while I move my car. Someone tried to steal it the other day when I tried to move my car before. If I can' put the wheelchair in the wheelchair carrier, I can't move my car, because there is a guy on our street who grabs my wheelchair and runs off with it."
Again, he starts yelling at me: "I don't see why you need to move your car?"
Because I can't go anywhere, if I can not get my wheelchair in my car, I need to move my car, because this illegally parked car behind me is literally hitting the gate on my wheelchair carrier and I can't get my wheelchair in my car, until I movie the car first, but I can't leave the wheelchair on the side walk because there's a guy on our street who keeps grabbing my wheelchair and running off with it.
WHILE I am explaining them, Ben grabs my wheelchair and runs down the street, just like he had down with my keys, minutes prior, and again screaming "Servers you right for not parking at the stop sign where you belong!"
So, there's nothing I can do to reach my wheelchair at this point, because, he's gone nearly two thousand feet away, and I'm standing there leaning on my cane, a good 30 feet away from my car… with nothing to hold on to, no one to help me… I use the cane to drag, crawl, pull myself on the ground, to get to my car… and drive off, wondering where in the heck has Ben gone off with my wheelchair.
I drive from Main St to West Cutt St, to Western Ave, back up onto Main Street, and pull up at the driveway… FINALLY for he first time in well over a year, able to park my car, by the driveway that has the wheelchair ramp!
While I'm parking, and wondering, how am I going to find either Ben on my wheelchair that he ran off with, Ben comes jogging up the road pushing my wheelchair, still yelling that I'm not allowed to park my car in front of my own driveway.
I get out of the car, get my wheelchair away from him, and he's still yelling… mad because, I have parked my car 45 feet away from the wheelchair ramp instead of two thousand feet away from it, where he is demanding I need to move it back to.
Why?
I don't know.
I have no clue why he wants me to park my car THREE FULL STREETS AWAY, when I'm in a wheelchair, and it's really difficult for me to get to my car when it's parked at the West Cutts St stop sign block!
I tried to explain to him, I need to have my car both close to the wheelchair ramp, AND in a parking space that is the LAST space so no one parks behind me and blocks my ability to get the wheelchair on the lift and into the wheelchair carrier on the back of my car….
…and he starts screaming at me even louder: "Someone's always gonna park behind you, servers you right, you belong back by the stop sign!"
Why?
I mean, I get that I'm female I don' matter in my people's culture because I committed the sin of being born with a vag, but forcing me to park three streets away, when I am in a wheelchair is ridiculous!
He keeps yelling "Serve you right, you deserve it" over and over and over again… then goes on about the car that started all of this… the one illegally parked in the yellow lane under a "no parking here to curb" sign, that was hitting my wheelchair carrier… saying "They only parked behind you because they don't like you, no one likes you, every one hates you, every one hates your car, no you're parked on the main road where everyone can see your car, move it back on the side street where you belong, no one wants to see you or your car!" Then he starts gibbering about the flag…
Well, damn… true colours flying there.
So, you're telling me… you don't like that there is a LGBTQAI+ flag painted on my car and THAT is WHY you think a quadriplegic wheelchair users with a broken spine should park three streets away from her own driveway?
So much yikes to process here.
I'm not sure what to even think about this.
Car and wheelchair carrier in question—the entire roof is a rainbow flag, and apparently, that's what he is having a meltdown over and why I'm not allowed, according to him, to park my car beside the wheelchair ramp in my driveway.:


Comments