Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still Planning on Doing NaNoWriMo this year in spite of recent health issues

Some one asked me today if my recent health issues will be stopping me from doing NaNoWriMo this year. Well, I certainly hope not. Yes, I am still planning on doing the contest, though my new found coordination difficulties could slow me down some and hamper my normal speed of typing, thus affecting my overall monthly word count. I don't know if this is something that will go away over time or not. All I can do is wait and see, I guess. And avoid stairs like the plague. My blurry vision seems to have gone back to normal today, thankfully that did not last. Hopefully this memory lapse thing will be short term too, because it really is getting in the way on my life - having to retrace my steps over and over again, before I ca remember what I was doing, really is taking up way too much time, and I worry that I may do a similar thing with my writing during the contest (writing the same thing several days in a row, without remembering I had already written it the day before).

This has however created a serious problem with my doing the farm work. Our land had several steep hills on it, involving the climbing of craggy ledge, and a narrow bridge across a brook, to get from the street to the barns/gardens. Tonight I discovered two problems -

1.) the narrow bridge, which is very old and over the years the foundation has washed out causing it to lean drastically. The bridge has no railings, and with it's steep tilt caused by erosion, and my new lack of coordination - I am having a difficult time getting across it without falling off it.

2.) the steep rock/ledge/cliff/hill pathway is the only way to get down to the bridge. There is no real path, just years of knowing which rocks to step on when and how to hold your body in balance as you move your way from top to bottom or bottom to top. The problem is without coordination, I can get neither balance nor a sure footing.

I am really hoping this loss of balance when walking, is not a permanent thing, because it really is making farm work very difficult for me and being alone, I have no one to help me to do any of it.

Problem #3 = without my ability to stay balanced while walking, I can no longer carry the 50lb bags of grain from the feed store to the car, let alone carry them across the yard, down the rocky hill, across the narrow bridge, and to the grain bins at the barn. Nor can I carry the 40lbs of catfood I need per week, from the store to the car from the car to the house to feed my 19 cats.

I have to carry two 50lb bags of grain and two 20lb bags of catfood across that path each and every week. I do not have anyone to help me do this. No friends. No family. (Thanks to 30 years of church members spreading ugly lies and rumors about me being a demon possessed witch.) I don't know how I will get the bags across the year. I think I can get help from the store to carry them to the car, but once back home what do I do? I guess I'll have to open the bags and carry the feed over in buckets a little bit at a time. But that much feed - it'll take hours and dozens of trips up and down that hill and across that bridge. :( I don't know what to do.

As you can see, continuing on with my NaNoWriMo plans is the least of my worries right now. Yes, I do still plan to do it, but I'll have to work it in around my working ways around my new found health problems.





Find Out More About My 2008 NaNoWriMo Book Which the LDS/Mormon Church is up in arms about. (NOTE - this link goes to the unedited proof of the book and not to the actual listing.)







What's your take on this? I'd love to hear what you have to say about this post. Leave a comment and share your views!


Want to read more? Check out my Squidoo Lenses:


Ekography: EelKats Lensography and be sure to find out about
My Lord Sesshomaru Costume!

Obsessed? I'm Not Obsessed... REALLY, I'm not!

When Next You See Me I'll Look Like This:



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


Blingo

No comments:

Top 30 Authors Found in My Private Book Collection:

Authors whose books I own the most copies of.

Random Books From My Private Book Collection:

Top 100 Tags Found in My Private Library:

Space Dock 13 Recommends: